Sunday 10 February 2013

INTRODUCTION


Hello everyone!
My name is Luiz Filho, I am a second year Fashion Design student at University of East London.
This blog is part of the module: Develop Directional Design and I will register here all the lectures and important notes of me development during the semester.
In this blog I will keep you up dated with my findings and researches on my designated designer: AZZEDINE ALAIA  and my development during the module.
Also in this blog I will show you all the lectures about "Pattern Cutting Tailoring" which I am sure it will be very interesting and we'll learn 
loads of news tricks and techniques.


To start with I would like to show you my PowerPoint presentation about Azzedine Alaia:






Azzedine Alaia was born in Tunisia in 1940 in a family of wheat farmers.
His glamorous twin sister inspired in him an early love for couture.
He studied sculpture at Ecole des Beaux Arts.
Madam Pinot, a close friend of the family Alaia thought him his first lessons about fashion.
    


In 1957 the young Alaia moved to France.
Azzedina Alaia worked as Tailleur for Dior, He then moved to Guy Laroche to learn "tailoring and after this he worked alongside his friend Thierry Mugler.




Here are the trade marks of Azzedine Alaia

                                                                                                       


Some of his famous clients




Azzedine Alaia is famous also for his accessories, especially belts.



Most of his influences are from his own country and North Africa Continent.




More examples of his influences.


And this is my mood board reflecting my researches.




And this is my "Concept/Theme for my "capsule collection" following Alaia style! Which I named it GLAMOROCCO!!

Now I will focus on develop my research pages, then move to my first designs silhouettes and the my design development pages, and I will keep you posted. 

Thanks for reading and see you on my next post.

Luiz Filho.









No comments:

Post a Comment