Monday 6 May 2013

RESEARCH IN MOROCCO





Morroco

Hello again! here I am for another post of this blog. The theme for my capsule collection for this module is morocco, which playing with the words, I came up with the name for the collection of "GLAMOROCCO", a mix of glamour and the essence of Moroccan culture, history and color. 
To get a deeper into the Moroccan culture, I decide to visit this beautiful country to get some inspiration and do some primary research on this wonderful country, rich in culture, dance, music, food and of course fashion.
The history of Morocco spans over twelve centuries. The territory corresponding to Morocco was inhabited by the "Berbers" since 5.000 years ago. Berbers are the indigenous ethnic group of North Africa, west of the Nile Valley. They are continuously distributed from the Atlantic to the Siwa oasis in Egypt and from the Mediterranean to the Niger River.
As you can imagine, it is a country extremely rich in history and culture, but I will not go further than these information, I will focus in my experience when I visited the country.



The colorful Jemma al Fna Square. a fantastic place with
thousands of small shops where we can find
literally anything.




Here is the fantastic Le Jardin Marjorelle, this place
nowadays was bought by the Designer Yves Saint
Laurent, and it is open for public visit.




On the way to the Sahara Desert.


Rich craft-work from the natives on the way to the 
Sahara Desert.






At the entrance of the Sahara Desert.



How they weaving in a very natural and handcraft way.



In the manufactures leather, where they prepare and dye
the leather for they clothes.

The trip was more than interesting and I could gather loads of information to my research, unfortunately not enough space for all the pictures and information, but at least it gives you an idea of this fantastic and historic country.

That's all for this post and I will be back with another one next week.
Thanks for reading and see you!

Luiz Filho.






        


No comments:

Post a Comment